It’s Thanksgiving break! And we all know that “break” is actually code for “time to catch up on things/do things that you’ve been putting off until ‘break'”.
First on the list is, of course, to make a list. (While being distracted by a Champions League game. Even though I don’t really like Barca, but they are being fouled like crazy.)
- Find a thesis topic (yeah, that will be easy)
- Do Orbitals homework (this will probably take, oh, most of break. I am not kidding.)
- Do Rocket Prop homework
- Study for Orbitals test
- Write up Jet Prop homework
- Do Math homework
- Clean … everything. Normalized against my roommate, I think my Entropy powers are on the order of +2. Or +3. When I walk into a room, things just seem to accelerate toward chaos. So room, bathroom, kitchen – and now common room. Bah.
- Give my car its long-overdue monthly check. And find an old towel to keep in it, because it’s so humid here that fogging glass is a real problem.
- Groceries may have to happen at some point
- Email/message people. The whole “grad school” thing where you eat, sleep, and do homework tends to cut you off from the outside world.
- Accounts. Ick money.
- Chillax. I feel like this may have to be multitasked with something else.
- Eat turkey. Finally – an achievable goal. I think I put this on the list for the express purpose of checking it off.
- Decorate for Christmas! and make an advent wreath 😀
- Music rehearsal at church! I love Christmas music. And I don’t think I’ve picked up my violin since Pirates of Penzance – good times. Including getting hit by a tombstone. While playing. Ask me about that sometime.
- Catch snow on my tongue. Apparently it’s supposed to snow near/on Thanksgiving. I’m excited. In five months I may not be so excited.
- I’m sure there are other things I need to/should do. Including blog maintenance. Tell me if you think of any.
While I’m making lists, here’s a bunch of random links that are entertaining, interesting, or might eventually end up on my sidebar:
- http://www.jmtour.com/?page_id=25 – where Dr. Tour puts all his Sunday School lectures/lessons
- http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/ – sweet recipes from the Lone Star Republic
- http://velonews.competitor.com/2009/11/news/team-radioshack-releases-final-2010-roster_101542 – 2010 Team LiveStrong – oops, heh, I meant Team RadioShack, of course – roster
- http://twitter.com/NASA_Astronauts/statuses/5945458907 – new baby announcement, social networking style. Plus Randy Bresnik is still in space…
- http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/29190907/review/30986105/the_twilight_saga_new_moon – review of the movie New Moon in Rolling Stone magazine. Definitely amusing. More criticism galore from RottenTomatoes.
- I want this for Christmas: http://store.xkcd.com/xkcd/#SwitchandButtonStickers – because every car needs an eject button. The story linked from it is also pretty great.
Speaking of stickers, this is what has been pasted on my laptop for the past few weeks:
For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
– Psalm 18:31-34